Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is a no smoking facility. State Law prohibits smoking from “cabin to curb” at Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.*
SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS ONLY:
- Ground Level – International Arrivals Building (IAB) median between the IAB and Terminal 1.
- Ground Level – Diamond Head Group Tour Area – Uncovered area.
- Ground Level – C Gates public accessible sidewalk but not within 20 feet of entry ways.
- 2nd level – Roadway median fronting Ticket Lobbies.
- Parking Garage 5th Floor – but not within 20 feet of entryways and elevator/stairwell landings.
- Uncovered parking lots.
- Ground Level – Makai Group Tour Area between Terminal 1 and the International Arrivals Building in Terminal 2 and away from curbside pedestrian traffic.
- Parking Garage 7th Floor – but not within 20 feet of entryways and elevator/stairwell landings.
- Public parking lot.
* In addition, smokers must also be at least 20 feet away from any doorway, window or ventilation duct to prevent the spread of second-hand smoke. Signs are posted around the airport to remind passengers about the no-smoking policy.
Violators of the law face fines.