Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is a no smoking facility. State Law prohibits smoking from “cabin to curb” at the airport’s Overseas, Interisland and Commuter terminals. In addition, smokers must also be at least 20 feet away from any doorway, window or ventilation duct to prevent the spread of second-hand smoke. Signs are posted around the airport to remind passengers about the no-smoking policy.
SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS ONLY:
- Ground Level – International Arrivals Building (IAB) median between the IAB and Inter-Island Terminal.
- Ground Level – Diamond Head Group Tour Area – Uncovered area.
- Ground Level – Ewa Concourse public accessible sidewalk but not within 20 feet of entry ways.
- 2nd level – Roadway median fronting Ticket Lobbies.
- Parking Garage 5th Floor – but not within 20 feet of entryways and elevator/stairwell landings.
- Uncovered parking lots.
- Ground Level – Makai Group Tour Area between the Interisland Terminal and the International Arrivals Building in the Overseas Terminal and away from curbside pedestrian traffic.
- Parking Garage 7th Floor – but not within 20 feet of entryways and elevator/stairwell landings.
- Roadway median fronting the Commuter Terminal.
- Public parking lot.
Violators of the law face fines.